The Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre, Kilkenny
A very unique opportunity to acquire a highly profitable, luxurious 5 star Resort Hotel, which was first developed in 2006 and is now one of Ireland’s most popular wedding & conference venues. This very successful Resort incorporates the magnificent 17th century Lyrath House and is located just outside historic Kilkenny City, in a beautiful parkland setting extending to approximately 69 ha.
Dublin, 16th March 2016 - CBRE Hotels are delighted to confirm their exclusive appointment to offer the Lyrath Estate Hotel – a leading Irish 5 star Resort hotel superbly located just 1.2 kms from the historic Kilkenny City in the very heart of Ireland - to the market, for sale by private treaty and as a going concern.
The award winning Lyrath Estate Hotel & Spa comprises the original 17th century Lyrath House which has been carefully restored to its original grandeur and now sits perfectly with the more contemporary four storey purpose built hotel.
Since opening in 2006, the Lyrath Resort has become one of the most popular wedding and function hotels in Ireland and has very substantial forward business on the books for both 2016 and 2017 – further underpinning the future success of the Resort for many years to come.
The Opportunity - Investment Highlights
- Very profitable 5 star Resort Hotel on c. 69ha, just 1.2kms from Kilkenny City
- 139 luxuriously appointed and spacious bedrooms & suites with full Air Conditioning
- South Leinster’s most popular wedding & function venue – with a strong pipeline of weddings/events confirmed for 2016, 2017 and beyond
- Kilkenny Convention Centre with high tech facilities for up to 1,800 and 10 breakout rooms
- Excellent range of Restaurants, Bars, Conservatory, lounges and private dining rooms
- Oasis Spa – Hotel Spa of the Year 2015 - 10 treatment rooms, relaxation suites, saunas, steam rooms, hydrotherapy pool, rasoul and nail bar
- Health club featuring 17m infinity edge pool, sauna, jacuzzi, fitness centre, aerobics & crèche
- 24 seat private cinema and children’s Game Console room
- Fully equipped Laundry – supplies the hotel’s entire laundry needs
- Mature, landscaped lawns & gardens, ideal for outdoor events and photo shoots
- Perfect destination for domestic short breaks/domestic holiday market
- Significant capacity to develop further high quality leisure & sports facilities
- The sale includes a 2 bedroom gate lodge and a modern stable building.
With such a large overall site area (69ha / 170 acres) and good road frontage, the Lyrath Estate offers undoubted potential to add further to the already excellent leisure amenities, perhaps by adding a sports academy, equestrian and/or golf facilities.
CBRE Hotels are guiding “offers in excess of €20 million” for the entire Estate, on approximately 69ha.
This sale of the Lyrath Estate Hotel, Spa & Convention Centre offers the purchaser a quite outstanding opportunity to acquire one of the best known and most profitable Resort Hotels to come to the market in Ireland in recent times. Outside of Dublin city centre, Kilkenny is one of the country’s most sought after ‘hotel hotspots’ and the Lyrath Resort is without doubt, one of the most successful, full service, modern 5 star hotel operations in Ireland today.
The successful purchaser will inherit an excellent and skillful team of highly motivated and expert hotel professionals, who have a tremendous record of achievement to date with this Resort and, with a substantial number of weddings and events already on the books for the coming years, the future success of the Lyrath operation is guaranteed.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2016 revenue). The company has more than 75,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate investors and occupiers through approximately 450 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.
In Ireland, with offices in Dublin and Belfast, CBRE is the country’s largest commercial real estate services company, now employing over 165 employees and offering a full range of property services including property sales and acquisitions, leasing and management, investment, corporate services, debt advisory, project management, consultancy, business rates and compulsory purchase, valuations and research. Please visit our website at www.cbre.ie or www.cbre.ie/ni.