Sale and Franchise Back of Ibis Dublin
AccorHotels confirm the sale and franchise back of Ibis Dublin which was part of a 7 hotels €38m transaction (Published in May 2015)
Dublin, August 2015 – CBRE Hotels have announced the successful sale and franchise back of ibis Dublin in an off market transaction on behalf of AccorHotels for an undisclosed price.
The ibis Dublin, a 150 bedroom, 3 star hotel adjacent to the N7 Naas Road, was built in the mid-1990s and substantially refurbished in 2007/2008.
The hotel’s location next to Junction 9 of the M50 motorway is a 15km/20 minute drive from Dublin International Airport and 10km/20 minutes to Dublin city centre means it is ideally placed for travel across Ireland. The N7 is also one of Dublin’s main arterial routes into and out of the city accessing the Midlands, South and South West Ireland including cities and major towns such as Kilkenny, Cork, Limerick, Tralee and Killarney.
There are also excellent transport links into Dublin city centre by bus or the more efficient LUAS, Dublin’s light rail system. The Red Cow station is a seven minute walk from the hotel and the journey time into the city centre is 20 minutes.
Key leisure attractions surrounding ibis Dublin include the following:
- Numerous golf courses - including the K Club home of the Ryder Cup, which is approximately 20 minute drive away - and Newlands Golf Club.
- The Curragh Racecourse in Kildare which hosts a number of Classic Races, including the Irish Derby, throughout the year.
- The National Aquatic Arena, one of Europe’s largest leisure parks, which has hosted the Special Olympics World Games and the European Short Course Championships since its opening in 2003.
- The ESB National Basketball Arena, just 4 km away which is used for a range of sporting events, concerts, exams, conventions and cultural events.
- Corkagh Regional Park which extends to approximately 121ha/300 acres and has attractive walks, feature gardens and numerous playing pitches.
- Liffey Valley, The Square Tallaght and Dundrum Town Centre - three of Ireland’s leading shopping centres which are located in west and south Dublin and within close proximity to the Hotel
John Hughes CBRE Hotels confirmed the transaction took place to Hetherley Capital Partners who also purchased and franchised back ibis Coventry Centre.
About CBRE Group, Inc.
CBRE Group, Inc. (NYSE:CBG), a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2016 revenue). The company has more than 75,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate investors and occupiers through approximately 450 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services. Please visit our website at www.cbre.com.
In Ireland, with offices in Dublin and Belfast, CBRE is the country’s largest commercial real estate services company, now employing over 165 employees and offering a full range of property services including property sales and acquisitions, leasing and management, investment, corporate services, debt advisory, project management, consultancy, business rates and compulsory purchase, valuations and research. Please visit our website at www.cbre.ie or www.cbre.ie/ni.